Davidson Forum
fila shoes for women

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Davidson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
KarenAddison

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-08-2020 04:13:17    Onderwerp: fila shoes for women Reageren met citaat
Then, he laughs. "Unless you're dead!" Gvasalia is talking, specifically, fila mens shoes about clothes actually shifting around on the body  but ideologically, the phrase is also true. Balenciaga cannot be mired in its own past, for Cristóbal Balenciaga himself never was. What made Gvasalia's debut so compelling was the fusion of tradition with innovation, of a new aesthetic with an old approach. A rethinking of the Balenciaga legacy, beyond the tired, trite clichés of architectural volume and haute couture hauteur. It was, however, distinctly Balenciaga  a link that the first Mark Borthwick look-book, shot in the archives, visibly forged. "You're not coming to a blank page. There are certain recipes you need to consider, " comments Gvasalia the next time we meet. "Every time I see a piece, during a fitting, or if there's an idea, it's like, is it Balenciaga?

She was passionate about her gardens, one of the first people to own a private jet, very discreet despite being a socialite. I tried to transpose those aspects of her life to the modern day. I created a headpiece based around the pillbox hat that would cover the face like a balaclava to protect her privacy; a body suit and coat inspired by cycling gear; all the fila boots sewing lines are placed to guarantee comfort when moving, walking, sitting. I also designed a textile for the coat and a "cactus on wheels" inspired by her passion for botanics and to allow her to always take her garden with her, even when travelling, as a pet plant. " I sourced a baby carrier from gumtree that had similar harnessing.

By deconstructing this I developed a train and back apparatus fila disruptor that fastened to the dress the way a backpack would, and was meant to emulate the seams and drape of the original parachute as well as the  sac' or semi-fitted silhouette that Balenciaga himself pioneered; focusing on the back and the relaxed fit of extra volume at the centre back. I realized that the curved back given by the baby carrier was the perfect emulation of this traditional couture line. The entire thing was then embroidered with nearly 700 hot pink coque feathers as an ode to Balenciaga's feather work. " "For the project, I wanted to create a contemporary narrative based around Bunny Mellon, one of Balenciaga's main clients. Mellon was a well-known socialite of her time but was also very private.

My research was focused on paparazzi shots of modern socialites and celebrities who are trying to fila womens shoes disguise their identity. I created a monogram of the  Getty Images' logo which is printed on the fabric. " The V&A's impressive Balenciaga exhibition is a slightly different beast from the touring Alexander McQueen show from 2015, and where there is less show-stopping glamour in the room as well as in the arrangement of the garments, the Balenciaga show has deeper academic and historical depth of content that should please the fashion-lovers as well as the expert seamstresses or designers. Emerging on the other side, the visitor can genuinely say they've seen beautiful outfits but, crucially, that they have also learnt about the detailed construction and engineering process that sits behind the creation of every garment, helping you to understand why designer clothing is so special.

In many cases, this is accompanied by a video of the creation process so you can see how these styles were made. It's such a smart idea, giving the visitor a proper insight into the importance of the techniques Balenciaga pioneered, which also showcases the talent of the fashion gallery staff at the V&A who are undoubtedly experts in their field. Famously aloof, the V&A attempt to break open Balenciaga's process with a series of early cases looking at design beginning with fabrics which, unlike most approaches in female fashion, came before the sketch as Balenciaga, with his tailor training, found that the choice of material would determine how it could be cut and shaped.

This taps into one of the V&A's core arguments, that Balenciaga's approach has left a lasting fashion legacy, and in these carefully chosen pieces, you can see how his designs combined a sense of past, present and future that give them a timeless appeal. Even now a semi-voluminous green dress near the start of the exhibition that uses ballooning to create three layered sections down the body, with a puff sleeved cape in the same hue, looks slightly fila shoes for women futuristic, and could be something one of the more Avant Garde starlets might wear on the red carpet. But at the same time, it all feels like the 1960s and, further back, references the empire-line fashions of Regency England. Balenciaga's interest in architecture also becomes increasingly clear, whether it manifests in the ruched sleeve of a tan coat with one single piece of ribbon holding the sculpted layers of material in place so they drape the arm, or in the lasting design of the babydoll dress introduced in 1958 that [img]http://www.muitotosto.com/images/shoes/fila boots-290ikp.jpg[/img] subverted the idea of designing specifically for the female-shape.
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Davidson Forum // Voorbeeld Forum Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: